Thursday, August 30th


Thursday, August 30, 2012
Day 6    
               Wow, 39 degrees when we got up, very nice sleeping at Whistler’s Campground. Drove Donna over to the showers, cleaned up the floors in the RV, aired the tires, cleaned up the front of the RV, yuk! Covered in bugs. As we were leaving, we spotted a magnificent Caribou right in the campground. Left Jasper headed toward Hinton then Dawson Creek. On the way to Hinton, saw some beautiful Big Horn Sheep right alongside the road. They kept looking at everyone taking their picture and I could just hear, “What are all these people so excited about?”  Stopped in Hinton, gas was $4.20 a gallon, ouch. We still have not gone over $100 for a fill-up yet, the tank hold 33 gallons. So far were averaging about 15 mpg. Went to Safeway, $1.25 for one grapefruit, $4.99 for my favorite cereal, $4.49 for ½ gallon of juice. No shopping cart for free, had to pay a 25 cents to use one, Yikes!  Glad I don’t live here (cost).  Got coffee and then stopped at Tim Hortons, chain restaurant, sort of like Panera bread.  We continued on highway 40, scenic drive to Alaska.

MILES TODAY 331  TOTAL 2901
Caribou

Big Horn Sheep

ANDYS REPORT
               Let me out of the moving house, I need a tree bad. Finally got the peeps up around 6am. Dad took me for a walk, ahhhhhhhh! Been in the moving house 9 hours. We got up, cleaned up, stopped at the store for the mermaid lady and headed out.  Saw some strange looking dogs with horns, woofed them a few times and decided it was time for a napper. I’m exhausted guarding this moving house. Went to bed early again!

Let me out!

2 comments:

  1. I gather when you saw it was 39º were were not talking Celsius. That would be just a tad warm if it was. Gas prices?? I wish they were only $4.20 a gallon now. Mind you I take diesel. I have the Class B Winnebago ERA on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis.

    BTW ... didn't you get your 25¢ back when you returned the shopping cart ... that's generally the way it works at those places. There's not many around ... only in places where their carts seem to "disappear". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an Elk, not a caribou.

    ReplyDelete