Sunday, September 2nd


Sunday, September 2nd
Day 9
     Since we stayed up late last night, we slept until 8ish.  Finally got out of  Watson Lake around 11 a.m. and continued on the Alaska Highway headed toward Teslin located in the Yukon Territory.  Started out about 58 degrees, but it got down to 42 degrees in the valleys. Along the route we stopped at Rancheria Falls where they built a small trail and boardwalk to view some water falls. Very quiet (except for bubbling water) and secluded.  Continued on to Teslin where again we saw spectacular scenery.  Our journey was short today.  In planning the trip I wanted to make sure we had places reserved until after Labor Day.  About 40 sites, only 8/9 occupied.  However, it sits on a wonderful sight overlooking Nisutlin Bay.  Donna wanted to eat at the local restaurant, they had a Halibut special, but we decided to eat the ½ lb of turkey we purchased yesterday, that cost $10.50.  We took a slight tour around Teslin, then tried to update our blog, our pictures, and e-mail. We are at milepost 804. Hopefully early to bed tonight.
MILES TODAY    168   TOTAL MILES 3696
Alaska Highway

Rancheria Falls

Malcolm on Boardwalk at the falls


We are at Milepost 804 for the night.

So that's where we are!

Here we are at the falls.

Bridge over Nisutlin Bay

Our RV in Yukon Motel RV Park in Teslin

View from our RV kitchen window

ANDY’S REPORT
   Took me forever to get the peeps up. I guess whatever they were doing till all hours of night made them tired.  Had a little breakfast, Mom made Dad some type of drink with a mermaid on the bag.  We made a stop. The peeps gave me a walk and told me to guard the house, with pleasure, heehee! As soon as they left, I was on the bed and sleepy time.  Continued on down the road, stopped at another place with a few moving houses next to a large lake.  I had dinner, dad took me for a walk and it’s early to bed for me as usual. Good night.
Walking with my dad!
I'm sleepy!
Finally a little napper!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with travelling during the "off season". Most of my travels are after Labour Day and during winter and spring. I am heading to the east coast next week but try and avoid the "touristy areas" when possible.

    I'll be interested to see/hear your thoughts on travelling to Alaska this time of the year. I don't mind travelling in the cooler weather whatsoever. In fact I generally travel all winter long in the northern climates.

    Again ... some interesting and enjoyable pictures.

    ReplyDelete