Wednesday, August 29th


Wednesday, August 29th
Day 5
Left campground in Magrath, drove to visitors center in Lethbridge. Drove by the High Level train bridge built in 1908, then headed North toward Calgary, skirted Calgary and entered Banff and Jasper National Forest on Highway 93, the Icefields Parkway, absolutely beautiful.  Stopped at Peyto Lake which is fed by the same named glacier--gorgeous emerald/blue water. Stopped at Banff, beautiful resort area, was very crowded, reminded us of Gatlinburg, Tenn.   Continued on the parkway till nearly the end of the park and spent the night at Whistler’s Campground,  very crowded, but RV spots were wonderful.  Only negative had to walk about 25 minutes to the showers. I decided to try the RV shower, small, but did all right.  Reorganized the RV for about the 10th time, which it seems we do twice a day.  Donna decided she was going to leave the bed down (it’s a couch that makes into a bed). See how that works, did not see any animals, except for some crows/ravens.
MILES TODAY 428   TOTAL 2660
High Level Bridge at Lethbridge


Peyto Lake




ANDYS REPORT.
               Slept good last night, got about 6am, woke the peeps up. Had a little breakfast, then of course we had to drive to that place with the mermaid lady. Don’t understand the peeps drinking that stuff, oh well. Another long day in the moving house.  We stopped at some place with lots of people, the peeps seemed excited, started walking up a real steep hill, left me in the moving house to pull guard duty. Later got to some huge campground, tons of people and cars. Dad took me for a walk, I got scared with all the noise and yelling, ran back to moving house, I’m done for the night. Good night.    



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Canada!!! Some of the pictures of the glaziers are gorgeous. I look forward to my trip ... with cameras in hand. I too have left my bed made up. I have placed a 4" memory foam topper on to for added comfort. Since I travel alone it works well for me.

    ReplyDelete