Sunday, September 9th


Sunday, September 09, 2012
Day 16

Up and at ‘em around 9 from cloudy, drizzly Deanli Park.  We sadly left the park after having such a wonderful time.  We have a little flexibility in our schedule and thought about staying another day, but me worrying about weather was too much for Donna.  We followed the Parks Highway toward Anchorage.  Since we did not get to see Mt McKinley on the previous two days we were hoping for better weather. After driving about 40 miles, our luck changed  and it started to clear.  After driving about 50 miles we started to get real excited and somewhere around the 70th mile we could actually stop. We pulled over and took pictures. The guide advised that we use milepost 162 and 135.  We stopped at both and got more pictures.  We were very ecstatic over getting to see the mountain.  We continued our travel to Anchorage.  We went directly to our RV park, checked in, then proceeded to downtown to look around and of course go shopping.  Tomorrow we will return downtown and go to the port and then head south to Homer. 

MILES TODAY  255      TOTAL MILES  5004
Riley Creek leaving Denali National Park
Mile 183 on Parks Highway--our first view of Mt. McKinley

Mile 162 on Parks Highway--our 2nd view of Mt. McKinley

Here we are at our 2nd view of Mt. McKinley--mile 162

Mile 135 on Parks Highway--our 3rd view of Mt. McKinley

Mt. McKinley at Mile 135 on Parks Highway using our telephoto lens

Our RT at Mt. McKinley

Traveling to Anchorage

Visitor's Center in Anchorage, Alaska

ANDY’S REPORT.
Had a good night’s sleep, got up and Dad cooked French toast. Of course I got a few bites. Mom went and got some mermaid drink and away we went. The peeps seemed a little anxious and all dad talked about was the sun, the clouds, and he kept looking west.  I was trying to take a napper and all of sudden the peeps are all excited. They stop the moving house, jump out and start using their little boxes pointed at the sky??? Came and got me to show me what they were all excited about.  I smelled around and tried to tell them, smells the same to me.  Now to top that off we did the same exact thing twice more. Oh well who can ever tell about these people.  Finally stopped at some place with tall houses, dad told me to guard the moving house. I did that by taking a nap. Hee hee!! We then drove to another place with more moving houses and had dinner.  It’s been a long day so I’m going to bed. Goodnight.
Is breakfast ready yet?

What's all the excitement about?


Mt. McKinley's not that big!! (Notice Dad's back to shorts! I didn't recognize him in jeans!!)

This is getting old...when's dinner?

Is it my turn to drive?

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Again some specular scenery. Loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go to flikr and see the rest of the pictures? We have all or a whole buch posted there. I think on the blog we posted the link.... when you look at the blog again look at my other blogs the one on the grand canyon rim to rim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Great shots and views. Makes me wish we were going this year. Have to check out Flikr when I get time... (:-)

    ReplyDelete