Monday, September 24th


Monday, September 24, 2012
Day 31

We got up at 6:30 and got off to a great start this morning headed out for Salt Lake City.  As we traveled toward home got to admire the big sky country.  We have traveled this route a few times before. Weather is holding up. Mostly stayed in the high 50’s to low 60’s so it’s very comfortable.  Off and on there was a light drizzle.  I’m dying to wash the RV, hate a dirty car!  But will have to wait until we are back home.  Took a slight 25 mile detour when we got to Salt Lake.  Supposed to go East, but we drove about 15 more miles south and stopped at In-N-Out Hamburgers.  We just love their food and we don’t get many opportunities to eat there.  Saw lots of elk on the highway towards Cheyenne, Wyoming.   Continued on toward Cheyenne but decided to stop in Rawlins, Wyoming around 7:00pm.  Donna is still doing most of the driving, had to relieve her today, so I drove about 100 miles.  We’re hoping to get to Amarillo tomorrow.   

MILES TODAY 628     TOTAL  10,062
Utah

Reading while Donna Drives

Tunnels  on the Highway in Wyoming

Elk in Wyoming

ANDY’S REPORT:
Peeps got me up early today.  Dad took me for a walk and off we went.  Drove over to the Mermaid place and then hit the road.  Was a little boring today.  At least Mom is not driving down the road with her hands full of stuff clicking some box at the view.  Roads are a lot better so I’m getting in some good nappers.  Mom even took a napper with me today while Dad drove. Arrived at the place with lots of moving houses.  Terrible, no grass at all. Had theses funny looking bushes and lots of rocks.  Dad took me out twice and then it was back to our moving house and time for bed. Goodnight.
Not the Mermaid Lady again!!
Now that's more like it...I smell burgers and fries!
I'll take 3 burgers, 2 fries and a vanilla shake please! Woof! Woof!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I do all the driving. My wife wants no part of it. Lucky You! Have you ever had a Runza Burger in Nebraska? If not you have to try one if going through there again. I don't think they are in any other states yet. Glad they aren't in PA or I would be twice as big as I am now. LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete